COVID 19 Update
COVID 19 Update

COVID 19 Update

In light of all of the recent events surrounding the COVID 19 virus, we would like to assure people that we are optimistic that our season will continue as planned. As of right now the schools and establishments with public gatherings of 50 or more, have closed down operations until April 3rd and reopening after that. There has been a lot of media speculation and articles floating around, we have been following the guidelines on the government of Ontario web link We will take every precaution necessary to ensure the cabins, office, aircraft etc will be sanitized and cleaned. Just think, a remote lake and private cabin with no one else around is the perfect place to be to relax and get away from it all.

We will keep you updated as things happen. Always feel free to call us at 807-227-5473 or email us at if you have any questions.

On a lighter note, we have lots of birch bark around if we run out of toilet paper.

Dialog example

This is dummy copy. It is not meant to be read. It has been placed here solely to demonstrate the look and feel of finished, typeset text. Only for show. He who searches for meaning here will be sorely disappointed.

Call SMS

Getting Here

We are easily accessible by major airlines and located close to major centers, so you’ll have no problems getting here. You can fly Delta into International Falls, MN or major airlines into Winnipeg, MB. We will provide floatplane  or arrange for ground transportation (at an additional cost) to Wilderness Air Escapes from the airport.


By Road

From the Minnesota/Ontario border at International Falls, turn east on Hwy. 11 and then north on Hwy. 502 to Dryden. Turn west on Hwy. 17 to Vermilion Bay, then turn north on Hwy. 647 and, 3/4 of a mile up the road, you will find Wilderness Air Escapes . An alternate route would be to take Hwy. 71 north and then Hwy. 17 east to Vermilion Bay.

Road Mileages to Vermilion Bay

Fort Frances:160 mi – 2.5 hrs
Duluth, MN: 320 mi – 5 hrs
Minneapolis, MN: 470 mi – 8 hrs
Milwaukee, WI: 710 mi – 12 hrs
Chicago, IL: 800 mi – 13 hrs
Des Moines, IA: 720 mi – 12 hrs

You can fly Delta into International Falls, MN or major airlines into Winnipeg, MB.

By Private Plane

By private plane, fly straight north from International Falls, MN to Dryden, Ontario (not Vermilion Bay). Dryden airport (YHD) is 45 minutes from Vermilion Bay.

For airport pick-up, simply call us at 1 807-227-5473, before leaving International Falls.

Call us Air Freq. 130.7 When you make your reservation we will ensure that you have all the information you need to find us easily.